Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Last Minute Craziness

Tomorrow we celebrate with my side of the family. Which means we'll need to finishing up the chocolate covered peppermint candy canes and wrapping them along with the pretzel rods we've already done.

We're giving those along with the heart embroidered ornaments and a photo desk calendar as our gifts to each of my mom's four siblings and their families, The Aunts (my Grandpa's two sisters), and my Grandparents.

The photo calendars were a really simple and inexpensive gift to recreate several copies of. I uploaded a picture of each family to Shutterfly, edited them by adding a border or in this case a monthly calendar to each one, and made enough copies for everyone.

I put them in 4x6 plastic frames I got for less than two dollars at Target. Done. Now everyone can set their calendar on their desks and each month look at a different family picture.

I also made this cute vase to give to my mom as a hostess gift. I was very easy, print out picture on a transparency. Cut out and run through a Xyron machine to add permanent adhesive. Attach and add rub-ons.

Today I finally set aside time to try fabric paint stamping. I used a favorite stamp set from Stampin' Up and some towels I got at Ikea. I had planned on using little red buttons for the berries on the holly wreath, but mine were too big and the scale didn't look right.

Unfortunately, I made a beginner's mistake and added too much pressure so they are a bit smeared in places but otherwise I am happy with them. I think they'll make fun little stocking stuffers. I'm keeping one to see how the paint holds up with washing, think I'll handwash em'.

And as my last holiday craft before the giving begins tomorrow, here is the cute felt die-cut necklace I made for my daughter and her little friends too. I used Sizzix die cuts by Ellison.

Cut four of each die out of felt. Sandwich the ribbon between two of the same die cuts and hot glued together. Stitching around would be cuter, but the hot glue gives the felt some stabilization.

The initial medallion is made with a wooden circle from the craft store, Brad cut a hole in it for me. I painted it, decoupaged on some scrapbook paper, and attached a foam alphabet - still the same red ones from the dollar section at Target.

Then I put a thin layer of Diamond Glaze on top of the whole thing. It can be tricky to use, pop as many bubbles as possible with a needle. After it set for a bit, I sprinkled on some glitter and then added another thin layer of Diamond Glaze.

These are quick to make and good for little girls learning how to wear jewlery as the ribbon is hard to break. I make mine very long too so it's easy for little hands to take them on and off independently.

Have the Happiest of Holidays!

0 Friends Said:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP