Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our Big Night Out...in November

My very good friend Margaret and her husband Eric are heading out to a big shindig tonight for New Year's Eve, complete with a fancy dress, sparkly jewelry, high heels, and no children! It's a fun night out on the town as a couple; for awhile I was feeling a bit jealous, because even though my husband Brad and I would probably spend most of the night talking about ER, it would be nice to have just us time. Then I stopped my pity party and remembered I had quite the big night out, and it was only last month when I was a bridesmaid in my dear friend Melissa's wedding. I wore a lovely chocolate brown silk "princess" dress, at least according to my two year old, had on glittery jewelry, the highest heels I've ever owned, and enjoyed a big splurge...getting my hair and make-up professionally done for the first time. I didn't even get my make up done for my own wedding!
New Year's Eve comes along every year, but only once do I get to participate and witness my friend since high school marrying the man of her dreams. Plus I got to dance with my husband, here are some pictures from the our REAL big night out this year! As ER would describe it, me getting all "fancy", as my make-up is airbrushed on. I highly reccommend it, that makeup stayed put all day. Even the lipstick was on at the end of the evening. My friend Sara, the beautiful bride Melissa, and me all in our wedding finery. Tim and Melissa, now Mr. and Mrs. on our way to the wedding reception. And what a lovely reception we went to, weddings take so much effort and planning; Melissa did a wonderful job. I loved the wrapped chairs and the cake was stunning. It was truely a memorable evening! To help Melissa and Tim remember their big day, I made a sprial bound photo book from Snapfish of the all my photos from the various wedding events: shower, bachelorette party, etc. Melissa really likes it and it only took me a few minutes to make online.

3 Friends Said:

said...

Katie, that dress of yours is gorgeous! It looks like it was made for you!

***HeatheR*** said...

The dresses DO look similar! Ours were from Davids Bridal (I think thats the brand also- but I could be wrong) I was a bridesmaid in my little sisters wedding in Novemeber also! It was a gourgous dress and such a yummy color... I love the top and shimmer of yours. The wedding pics are beautiful. I LOVE that cake! Thanks for visiting my blog!! :0)
***HeatheR****

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

holy cow!! how did i never see this post?? you looked amazing!!!!!! love the decor from this wedding and the dresses!!!

noelle

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP