Saturday, May 9, 2009

Visiting the Great Grandparents for Mother's Day

Four Generations Together: Great Grandma, Mommy, Grammy, and DaughterYesterday ER and I went to see my grandparents Tony and Millie, for an early Mother's Day visit. We met my mom and brother for lunch beforehand, and made an whole afternoon of it. We had some rain, but then it cleared up and we were able to enjoy our time together out in the patio area. There's a little fountain out there that ER is just facinated with. She was disapointed that the rubber ducks weren't in there this time, but that didn't stop her from trying to lean in and touch the rocks at the bottom. Her germaphobic mommy wasn't to happy about that!

We also enjoyed a bit of the concert put on by a one man accordian band in the dining room. I think that's the first time ER had ever seen one, my Grandpa told me that four of his cousins played the accordian and that they used to have quite some parties. Hmm...my Grandpa doesn't seem like a wild and crazy guy, but maybe I guess back in the day☺ Who knew all it took was an accordian to make a party!
Proof my brother Dave and Grandpa were also there. Grandpa was a little antsy, he wanted to get back to his assisted living apartment but since my mom gave him a ride over he was stuck with us☺

8 Friends Said:

Sandy said...

What a perfect way to spend the day:0)

MaryAnne said...

Sounds like a great day, how fun to get four generations together!

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

very sweet! love the four generations together:)

noelle ♥

Anonymous said...

What a blessing that you have so much family and all so close! ♥

Vickie said...

That is so special that you make the time to visit your grandparents:)

Alicia said...

Grandma's looking great Katie. I love the photo of 4 generations!!!!

Kris said...

Those pictures are just priceless Katie! What a blessing to have them all in your life at this time.

RoS said...

Katie: It's so nice to look back and remember the nice visits with Grandma last year. Thanks for such nice pictures and memories! Mom

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP